Assistant Manager APPLY NOW
Established Coffee is a café and roastery located in the heart of downtown Belfast. We strive to deliver the best customer experience in all that we do. We are recruiting for an Assistant Cafe Manager who will be responsible for leading the team, working alongside the cafe manager. The assistant manager is a position of serious responsibility necessitating the right person who is driven, dedicated and seeking to grow in the industry. This person will look after the smooth running of café by leading and training the staff toward café objectives.
Core Responsibilities and Values of the Role
Love of people: We are passionate about people. We want them to have the best experience they have had anywhere. We rise above issues, we find solutions, we work together. Every customer interaction is an opportunity to show them the best customer experience possible.
Team leadership: Build and nurture a team who have a deep respect for our products and policies
Strong financial performance: Meet and exceed targets, grow sales, managing stock, COGS, rota, labour etc – think like an owner.
Pracitcal Overview of Role
· Assists cafe manager in managing a profitable cafe, reviewing controllable expenses, and monitoring labour costs.
· Works with the cafe manager in creating a positive customer experience and in turn sustaining sales growth.
· Ensures that the cafe has sufficient product, merchandise, and supplies needed to manage an efficient cafe.
· Running of shifts, performing all operational, opening and closing duties.
· Delegates duties, as necessary, to shift supervisors and baristas.
· Performs financial documentation and register readings during shift.
· Ensures that the cafe, back office, and equipment are maintained in a safe and clean manner.
· Conducts pre-employment interviews designed to minimize team member turnover and to ensure proper staffing levels are maintained.
· Assists cafe manager in writing a monthly rota according to business needs and considers any fluctuations in sales due to holidays or local events.
· Assists the cafe manager in maintaining proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
· Informs the cafe manager of any operational inconsistencies, employee incidents, accidents, potential safety hazards, or any unusual or pertinent events.
Requirements To Apply
In order to apply you must be able to demonstrate the following experience and qualities;
· Proven management and coffee experience
· Proven leadership and ability to work on own initiative without supervision
· Proven interpersonal skills – able to develop good working relationships
· A working knowledge of budgets and budgetary control
· Energy and persistence to see tasks through to successful completion and able to work additional hours when necessary
· Ability to work at a fast pace and multi-task
· Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities
· The ability to lead and develop team members
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in managing/supervising staff
· A working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
What We Offer
Established Coffee provides great conditions of employment and a rewarding atmosphere, which includes a competitive competitive salary (starting at £23,500), we also offer:
· 5.6 weeks paid holiday, rising to 6.6 weeks paid holidays at 5 years’ service
· Free bag of coffee each week
· Free drinks & discounted food on shift
· Health Cash Plan
· Other Discounts
How to Apply
If you'd like to apply, please complete the following application and attach a copy of your CV/Resume. If you have any questions or problems, you can email email@example.com. Deadline for applications is Friday 30th April. Due to the level of applications we receive, we are not able to personally respond to all applicants, thank you for your time and consideration.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
2021-04-30|||Established Cafe, Belfast|||||||||Mua~GiC56EmfbWOL|||FULL_TIME|||GBP|||YEAR|||single|||21500|||||||||false